Here’s What You Need to Know Before You Get to the Door…
RITES XXXIX: THE BLACK PARTY 2018 “PIGTOPIA”
FATHERHOOD | CHRIS CRUSE | EDDIE ELIAS | MASSIMILIANO PAGLIARA | DANNY KRIVITHOURS: 10PM Saturday – 4PM Sunday
169 54th Street (Entrance between 1st & 2nd Ave)
Brooklyn, NY 11232
(2 blocks from R train 53rd St. Station, Sunset Park Brooklyn)
AFTER-HOURS: After 9AM Sunday $65 Available Online
TOP TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1. The first Black Party was held in1980 at the private gay disco, Flamingo, on the second floor of a building on the SW corner of Broadway & Houston. The following year it moved to the new members only gay club, The Saint at 105 Second Avenue at 6th Street. The Saint At Large’s namesake is considered one of the most futuristic, architecturally and sonically sophisticated clubs (gay or straight) ever built. (Take the Virtual Tour at SaintNightclub.com)
2. World Class DJs. Arguably, the best DJs on the planet have played The Black Party and this year is no exception. Each year, The Saint At Large strives to feature a decidedly progressive stable of artists reflective of current musical trends in dance capitals such as Berlin, Montreal and, of course, the New York City underground scene. 2018 DJS ARE: FATHERHOOD | CHRIS CRUSE | EDDIE ELIAS | MASSIMILIANO PAGLIARA | DANNY KRIVIT SoundCloud.com/TheSaintAtLarge
3. The infamous Strange Live Acts. Use your imagine or ask those who have gone before (cameras are not permitted).
4. No Cameras / Phone Check Policy. What happens at The Black Party stays at The Black Party. No press, cameras or phones will be admitted to The Black Party. No one wants to see their ass in a sling—at least on Facebook—so attendees are asked to respect each other’s privacy and freedom of expression. Phones and cameras must be checked at the door. Security will confiscate the mobile device of any patron violating the no cellphone policy. Busted patrons can claim their phones at the end of the event after deleting all images from their phone, cloud, etc. There will separate phone bags available at coat check.
5. Old Club, New Tricks. For 2018 Black Party is being held at a new venue, a giant warehouse in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, which used to be a submarine factory and is now 30,000 square feet of, empty warehouse space with very high ceilings. According to creative director Gio Black Peter, Black Party organizers got to design and build the warehouse’s interior space with their own sound, lighting, dance floor and piggy installations so “guests can live out their fantasies.”
6. Women welcome! In fact, it’s the women who are often more extreme than the men. (Cue sound of cracking whip.)
7. Oh, the things you’ll see! We mean the visuals curated by Gio Black Peter. The place is here, the time is now. Imagine if you will, an industrial farm where humanoid pig creatures are freakishly bred for their meat. Creating a pig resistance movement, they muscle out their very own censor-free zone. In this new animal Eden–this “PIGTOPIA”– pleasure becomes a weapon and an act of defiance against forces threatening to take away their freedom. Through peepholes looking in, we glimpse scenes of a happy hedonistic queer Americana.
8. Safe, sexy, security! A bit skittish about sashaying to the party in high-whore-leather? Not to worry, The Saint At Large has its very our own security team in place, hand picked and trained to create a safe, fetish-friendly Black Party experience for attendees.
9. Hard for 18 Hours. This year’s black party goes hard and long for 18 hours. After-hours admission after 9am is just $65, and the doors are open til 4pm Sunday. Many smart party pros get a full night’s sleep, then come in fresh for nine hours of daytime dancing and cruising.
10. You’ll be legendary. Probably for a number of reasons, but the one you can actually talk about will be that you’ve attended the worlds longest running, most elaborately produced, fetish party: The Black Party.
TICKETS & INFO: www.SaintAtLarge.com